When is the data orchestration process is required?
Companies that need data orchestration are those that need to compute easily in the public cloud. In the past, many companies used on-premise computing but by the time they started to migrate from on-premise to cloud.
What is cloud migration?
Moving the data, application or any business elements from the local on-premise computer to a cloud is called cloud migration.
Many growing organisations started to face issues with their data infrastructures as by the time there are more and more innovative data frameworks that could solve their issues but the most cost-effective solution is to migrate from their local on-premise computer to the cloud. To compute easily in the public cloud data orchestration is highly recommended as it unifies all the data across any cloud and presents it with reduced complexities.
It is a fact that organisations experience issues during the early stages of the cloud migration process as there a complexity of data platforms or data orchestration tools. A study from Forrester Consulting found that 58% of respondents indicated the costs of their cloud infrastructure were higher than estimated due to the complexity of cloud migrations.
List of Data Orchestration Tools
Data orchestration tools helpt to keep data syncronised across different technical applications. Using data orchestration tools enables data reconciliation tasks to be thoroughly syncronised no matter where the data is stored, cloud or on-premise (public authority/company server).
The followings are data orchestration tools available in the market:
Ansible is a radically simple IT automation engine that automates cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and many other IT needs.
Bolt: open-source, agentless IT automation. Open source task orchestrator for any user, any language, any OS. No Puppet experience or agents necessary.
Salt orchestration tool
Salt Orchestrate Runner controls the activities of minions — the individual IT systems that Salt manages — from the master. Orchestrate Runner enables admins to coordinate the activities of multiple machines from a central place. It also gives Salt users an enterprise view of IT deployment architecture.
Terraform is cloud-agnostic and allows a single configuration to be used to manage multiple providers, and to even handle cross-cloud dependencies. This simplifies management and data orchestration, helping operators build large-scale multi-cloud infrastructures.
CloudFormation takes care of determining the right operations to perform when managing the stack, orchestrating them in the most efficient way, and rolls back changes automatically if errors are detected.
Talend Open Studio
The Orchestration family groups together components that help you to sequence or orchestrate tasks or processing in your Jobs or sub-jobs and so on.
Activeeon is a software company providing innovative open source solutions for IT automation, acceleration and scalability, big data, distributed computing and application orchestration.
Rivery enables businesses to orchestrate all their data sources and automate data processes so every team can generate critical business insights and analytics whenever and however they need them.
Alluxio Data Orchestration Tool
Alluxio is an open-source data orchestration tool for analytics and machine learning in any cloud.
- Ansible IT automation https://www.ansible.com/overview/how-ansible-works
- Puppet Bolt open-source task orchestrator https://puppet.com/open-source/bolt/
- About Salt orchestration tool https://searchitoperations.techtarget.com/tip/Learn-how-to-use-Salt-orchestration-with-an-example
- Salt orchestration tool documentation https://docs.saltstack.com/en/master/topics/orchestrate/orchestrate_runner.html
- Terraform data automation use case https://www.terraform.io/intro/use-cases.html
- Advantages of Terraform https://blog.gruntwork.io/why-we-use-terraform-and-not-chef-puppet-ansible-saltstack-or-cloudformation-7989dad2865c
- AWS Cloud Formation https://aws.amazon.com/cloudformation/
- What is AWS Cloud Formation https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSCloudFormation/latest/UserGuide/Welcome.html
- Talend Open Studio Orchestration https://help.talend.com/reader/mjoDghHoMPI0yuyZ83a13Q/4Pjemscy9lFQcASrDvDktw
- Activeeon IT workflow orchestration tool https://www.activeeon.com/en/
- Rivery Data Orchestration https://rivery.io/solution/data_orchestration/
- Alluxio data orchestration tool https://www.alluxio.io/data-orchestration/