The analysis covers:
- eCommerce platform industry
- Websites using the winner eCommerce platform
- Paralle technologies used along with winner eCommerce platform
- Winner platform usage by websites across the globe
eCommerce platform industry
The pie chart below shows eCommerce platform market share in the entire internet [data from Datanyze]
Based on the data, WooCommerce is the winner eCommerce platform in the entire internet. However, when comparing top 1M, 100K or 10K websites, the winner is not the same, in this case Magento is the winner [data from SimilarTech]
Differences between Magento and Magento 1:
- Magento is based on all versions of Magento.
- Magento 1 is based on version 1.X of Magento.
WOOCOMMERCE VS MAGENTO
Comparing the top 2 eCommerce platforms in the market gives us a more clear understanding of cases, where the presented platforms are perform better.
Here are the differences between Magento and WooCommerce:
- Magento has free and paid version
- WooCommerce is completely free
- Magento is an eCommerce software and platform
- WooCommerce is a free plugin for WordPress only
Websites using WooCommerce and Magento
Top category websites using WooCommerce are:
- Business & Industry
- Marketing and Advertising
- Music and Audio
- Religion and Spirituality
- People and Society
Traffic share of websites using WooCommerce:
467,083 websites using WooCommerce have traffic up to 10K monthly, 30,698 websites have from 10K-100K monthly traffic, 2137 websites have 100K-1M monthly traffic and only 1 website has 10M plus monthly traffic.
Top category websites using Magento are:
- Business and industry
- Home and Garden
- Consumer Electronics
- Marketing and Advertisement
- Arts and Entertainment
- Health – Products and Shopping
Traffic share of websites using Magento:
272,957 websites using Magento have traffic up to 10K monthly, 25,957 websites have from 10K-100K monthly traffic, 3,819 websites have 100K-1M monthly traffic and 13 websites have 10M plus monthly traffic.
Top 5 websites using WooCommerce and Magento, their monthly traffic and category
Parallel technologies used along with WooCommerce and Magento
As WooCommerce is a free plugin for WordPress, web technologies used will be related to WordPress. It [WordPress] holds the highest percentage at 96%, and is followed by Really Simple Discovery with 73% and Live Writer Support with 71%. As an SEO plugin, Yoast is the most used technology.
The majority of websites use Magento 1 (99%) parallel to Magento. Other top correlated web technologies with Magento are:
WooCommerce and Magento usage by websites across the globe
WooCommerce platform usage all over the world, categorized based on the quantity and traffic of the websites.
Magento platform usage all over the world, categorized based on the quantity and traffic of the websites.
WooCommerce is widely used in the US, the UK and Russia, whereas Magento is very widely used in the US and Europe.
- Websites that have the highest monthly traffic use Magento
- 99% of websites using Magento are based on version 1.X of Magento
- Magento is widely used in the US and Europe
- 25.2% of websites using Magento eCommerce platform are in shopping category, whereas only 8% of websites using WooCommerce are in the same category.